Rajasthan Agriculture Minister Prabhu Lal Saini on Friday stressed on the need of integrating various segments of agriculture, including horticulture and poultry, for overall development of the sector and doubling farmers’ income by the year 2022. “For empowerment of farmers, we need to enhance production, nutrition value and quality-based competition. Horticulture, olericulture, poultry and fisheries should be integrated with agriculture for overall development of the sector,” Saini said while delivering inaugural address at the regional conference on doubling farmers’ income. He said the state government has formed a policy for agriculture marketing in the interest of marginal farmers.
Watch What Else Is Makning News
Saini said the Rajasthan government is organising global agriculture meet from November 9-11 with an objective of promoting agriculture. It will be attended by farmers, technologists, agribusiness companies and others.
Neeraja Adidam, Joint Secretary of the Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare said innovating efforts should be made to attract new generation towards the agriculture sector.
“We need to come up with a business model for the agriculture sector. We need to show the light to the young generation so that they come to this sector,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The conference is organised by NABARD and government of Rajasthan.