Five workers of a catering group were electrocuted to death after the metal chimney they were carrying came in contact with a live wire at Bhankhrota area here, police said on Saturday. The incident took place late Friday night after the function at a private farmhouse got over and the workers were shifting their items, they said.
“After the party was over, the members of the catering party were shifting their items. Five members were carrying the chimney which touched a 11,000 KV high tension line passing from above killing all of them on the spot,” Assistant Commissioner of Police (Vaishali Nagar) Lakhan Singh said.
The deceased were identified as Devi Singh Rajput, Kishan Lal, Pradeep Burman, Vinod and Dinesh Saini.
Singh said the bodies were sent for post mortem.
“A case has been registered against the organisers of the party and the matter is being investigated,” he said.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now