A Congress leader was allegedly beaten to death by some unidentified assailants, suspectedly due to political rivalry in Baran district of Rajasthan.
“Sonu Goyal (33) had a political rivalry with some local men. He was attacked with batons last evening in Devri area. He died in the attack,” police said today without naming who the suspects were.
Goyal was the Congress General Secretary of Shahabad block unit in Baran district and his wife is a local Sarpanch, the police said.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte says he became local millionaire due to inheritance
- U-17 World Cup opened the door for my professional career, says Ronaldinho
- Village Shahanshahpur, that gave 'shelter' to Humayun, plays host to PM Narendra Modi
- BPO worker gangraped in moving car in Noida, dumped in Delhi
- Varun Dhawan is the reason behind his own tears and we can't stop laughing. Here's why
- ZTE plans to go big in India, to launch three more smartphones in October
His body was shifted to a local hospital where the postmortem was conducted. The body could not be handed over to his family today.
No arrest in the case has been made so far, police said.
PCC President Sachin Pilot condemned Goyal’s murder and demanded a high level inquiry into it.
He also said the party has constituted a three-member fact finding committee which will visit Baran and meet his family tomorrow.