A Congress leader was allegedly beaten to death by some unidentified assailants, suspectedly due to political rivalry in Baran district of Rajasthan.
“Sonu Goyal (33) had a political rivalry with some local men. He was attacked with batons last evening in Devri area. He died in the attack,” police said today without naming who the suspects were.
Goyal was the Congress General Secretary of Shahabad block unit in Baran district and his wife is a local Sarpanch, the police said.
- Delhi: Stabbed 24 times, man dies of injuries, 1 held
- Youth Congress leader hacked in Kerala: What crime did my son commit to die with 37 wounds on his legs, asks father
- Weeks after CPM said his days numbered, Youth Congress leader hacked to death in Kannur
- Three siblings’ murder: Accused commits suicide inside Kurukshetra district jail
- Local BJP leader booked in connection with killing of Congress leader
- Congress leader beaten to death in Baran district
His body was shifted to a local hospital where the postmortem was conducted. The body could not be handed over to his family today.
No arrest in the case has been made so far, police said.
PCC President Sachin Pilot condemned Goyal’s murder and demanded a high level inquiry into it.
He also said the party has constituted a three-member fact finding committee which will visit Baran and meet his family tomorrow.