Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje dedicated a number of projects for Jaipur on Saturday, on the occasion of the first anniversary of the Smart City Mission at Birla Auditorium in the state capital.
The CM inaugurated the rooftop solar power plant, restored 14 traditional step wells, Sawan Badhon Park at Ram Niwas Garden and real time information display system in Bus-Q-Shelter.
- Vasundhara Raje announces sops, upper age limit for govt jobs raised
- 14 killed in transformer blast, Rajasthan govt orders probe
- Her shield & gag Bill tabled in Rajasthan Assembly, Vasundhara Raje calls for a rethink
- Editors Guild slams Rajasthan's Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Ordinance 2017
- Independence Day: 'Team Rajasthan' working to eliminate inequality, says CM Vasundhara Raje
- ‘Raje govt delayed Jaipur Metro project to negate our achievement’
A few government buildings will initially be covered under the first phases of Solar Power Plant project, while the project of restoration and rejuvenation of 14 baoris (traditional step well) is being taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 4.37 crores.
The Ram Niwas garden has been renovated “to restore its glory” with an overall expenditure of Rs 9.7 crores by Jaipur Development Authority. With revamp expenditure of Rs 3 crore, a part of the Sawan Badhon Park was also dedicated to the citizens.
On the occasion, the CM said, “The day is not far when with the vision and the inspiration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Jaipur will rank No. 1 in the Smart City Mission.” She added that also under the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’, Rajasthan is ahead of other states.