Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje dedicated a number of projects for Jaipur on Saturday, on the occasion of the first anniversary of the Smart City Mission at Birla Auditorium in the state capital.
The CM inaugurated the rooftop solar power plant, restored 14 traditional step wells, Sawan Badhon Park at Ram Niwas Garden and real time information display system in Bus-Q-Shelter.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav may float new party
- Job creation, poll roadmap on table at BJP’s executive meet today
- Bilar Dar, 18-yr-old who cleaned Wular lake, savours PM Modi’s praise
- Mann Ki Baat: Not my mann, but mind of countrymen, says PM Modi
- Haryana law students held with charas
- Journalists take out second march, say CPM hijacked first
A few government buildings will initially be covered under the first phases of Solar Power Plant project, while the project of restoration and rejuvenation of 14 baoris (traditional step well) is being taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 4.37 crores.
The Ram Niwas garden has been renovated “to restore its glory” with an overall expenditure of Rs 9.7 crores by Jaipur Development Authority. With revamp expenditure of Rs 3 crore, a part of the Sawan Badhon Park was also dedicated to the citizens.
On the occasion, the CM said, “The day is not far when with the vision and the inspiration of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Jaipur will rank No. 1 in the Smart City Mission.” She added that also under the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’, Rajasthan is ahead of other states.