Delhiites witnessed a pleasant afternoon, as the skies opened to bring the much awaited rains, bringing some respite from the hot and humid conditions.
The mercury came down several notches with light to moderate showers occurring in many parts of the city.
- Nights set to get colder by the weekend, says Met dept
- Delhi wakes up to cold morning
- Day of rain brings some respite from heat in New Delhi— and traffic snarls
- Light rains in Delhi bring down the mercury levels
- Cool morning in Delhi
- Delhi wakes up to a cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury
The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 38 degrees and minimum around 29 degrees.
Delhiites have been in agony for almost two months with the temperature see-sawing from tolerable heat to scorching and to top it off, humidity has left the national capital reeling.