Enhancing passenger amenities coupled with adequate fire safety measures, railways on Tuesday unveiled refurbished coaches with aesthetically appealing and improved interior furnishings.
This is a step towards providing better amenities to passengers and we will continue to do so in future also, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said after inspecting the new coaches.
Equipped with added features like controlled discharged water tap, new toilet modules, exhaust fan, LED lights, snack tables for side berth passengers, 24 coaches comprising AC-1, AC-2 and Sleeper Classes bogies were showcased.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Though the coaches are 12 to 15 years old, all have been refurbished at the Carriage Rehabilitation Workshop in Bhopal.
There will be a total of 111 coaches which would be refurbished with new features at an estimated cost of Rs 31.5 crore.
It costs about Rs 25 lakh more per AC-1 coach to refurbish it, Railway Board Member Hemant Kumar said.
Asked in which train these 24 coaches will be used, Kumar said the route and train has not been decided yet.