To make train journeys pleasant and hassle-free, railways will launch an integrated mobile app for availing all travel-related services such as hiring taxis, porters and booking retiring rooms and lounges at stations among others.
The app which aims to provide a one stop solution for various services can be used for booking tickets, ordering food from a favourite restaurant or finding hotel rooms of passengers’ choice outside the stations.
The application is likely to be launched early next year as the required ground work for it is underway, a senior Railway Ministry official said.
Currently, a few apps are operational for booking tickets and food but there is no such app for availing multiple services.
As per plan, the app will offer 17 services like porter, wheelchair, taxi, lounges, bedrolls among others to more than 2 crore passengers who travel in about 11,000 passenger trains per day across 7000 stations in the country.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016