Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi are likely to visit Gujarat but address separately the party’s tribal-focused ‘Navsarjan Adivasi Adhikar Yatra’ to be held later this month.
The 12-day yatra, likely to begin on October 20 or 21, will start from Ambaji in Banaskantha district of north Gujarat and conclude at Umbergaon, Valsad in southern part, covering state’s tribal-dominated eastern belt, state Congress spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
“We have requested Rahul Gandhi to address a gathering at the beginning of the yatra at Ambaji on October 20 or 21. Party president Sonia Gandhi is also likely to address a gathering at the end of the about 12-day yatra. These are subject to confirmation,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The yatra is an attempt of the opposition to woo tribals through direct meetings along the course of the 1200-km journey covering around 100 kilometres on each day.
“Through the yatra, party leaders and workers will cover 38 Vidhan Sabha seats across 13 tribal-dominated districts where meetings will be held at regular intervals with locals and their problems, grievances will be taken a note of,” Doshi said. Assembly elections are due in the state in later part of 2017.