Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Sunday returned from his trip to Europe and will hold a meeting with Congress leaders tomorrow to take stock of the developments during his absence.
Gandhi, whose foreign trips in the past have led to intense speculation, had announced his trip to Europe on Twitter on December 28.
“I will be travelling to Europe for a few days. A very Happy New Year to everyone,” he had said.
Congress sources said Gandhi returned early this morning and will meet with party leaders tomorrow.
Gandhi had been out of the country during New Year on some occasions in the past as well.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
His last two trips abroad were much talked about. His around two-month sabbatical after an AICC session in February last year to reflect upon the party’s debacle in Delhi elections and deliberate on a future course for Congress had led to BJP taking potshots at him.
There was a political controversy even over his September visit to Aspen, US to attend a conference.
When the BJP raised questions about the Congress claim of Gandhi attending the conference in Aspen, the Congress vice president’s office had uploaded photographs of the same on Twitter to counter the attack.