Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to “promptly” extend all possible help to families of deceased soldier who are yet to get compensation.
“Today morning, the father and brother of a martyred jawan Bablu Singh (from Mathura) met me. They apprised me about the family’s plight. They are running around for compensation which they should have got from the government,” he told a public gathering in Firozabad during his Kisan Yatra.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Modiji the jawan was martyred in July. His family feels they have been ignored and denied their rights. I urge you to help the family,” said Rahul in a Twitter post which had a picture of him with Bablu’s family members.
“I want the country to honour the memory of the jawan who laid down his life in the line of duty,” he said, adding the prime minister should not only help this family but all such families.
“It doesn’t suit the country or the prime minister that Babloo’s family has to run around for help. Perhaps he (the prime minister) was unaware about this, but now I have stated it in a public meeting,” he said.