Two days after the formal declaration of Quami Ekta Dal’s merger with Samajwadi Party, its president Afzal Ansari on Saturday met Mulayam Singh Yadav and announced a major rally with the SP chief in Ghazipur next month. “A meeting was held with the SP chief Mulayam Singhji in a very cordial atmosphere and a decision has been taken to hold a rally in Mohamadabad area of Ghazipur in November,” said Afzal, the elder brother of mafia don-turned-politician Mukhtar Ansari.
“The date of the rally will be decided after Diwali”, Afzal said. Asked how many QED members would constest the coming Assembly elections, he said since his party had now merged with the Samajwadi Party, any decision in this regard would be taken by the SP leadership. He said his brother would contest elections from the Mau seat for the SP.
“We have already started working as Samajwadi Party workers,” Afzal said. On Thursday, the Samajwadi Party’s state unit president Shivpal Singh Yadav had cleared the air over the merger with the QED. “QED has already merged with SP. Netaji (Mulayam) has already made a statement in this regard in the media. His decision in final,” Shivpal had said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The SP-QED merger was announced in June in the presence of Yadav but as Akhilesh, who was the party’s state president then, was reportedly against the move, it was called off by the party’s state parliamentary board a few days later. Speculation is rife that the formal announcement of the merger again by Shivpal might create fresh problems within Yadav family, as Akhilesh is said to be against it.