AS MANY as 2,000 eminent Punjabis from different fields settled across the world will be invited to the 50th Punjabi Suba anniversary celebrations to be held in Amritsar on November 1 evening.
The Punjab government will also organise a separate state-level rally for common people in the city in the morning. It is not yet not known if invites for the rally would be sent to all political parties or would only be limited to the leadership of the ruling alliance of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Watch what else is making news
Former Members of State Legislative Assembly and Members of Parliament from Punjab from all parties, however, will be invited for the evening function. Former Army Chief General J J Singh, Bollywood star Dharmendra, lyricist Gulzar and singer Gurdas Mann are also expected to make it to the evening function at the Heritage Town Hall near Golden Temple.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
BJP national president Amit Shah and union finance minister Arun Jaitley are likely to be the chief guests of the function.
“A rally will be held on November 1 morning in the Ranjit Avenue Amritsar where common Punjabis will participate to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Punjabi Suba. It is not decided yet who all will be invited for it,” said Senu
Duggal, Director Public Relation.
Duggal added; “A special function for the invited eminent Punjabis will be held in the town hall building in the evening. They will be personalities from different fields, including incumbent and former MLAs, MPs, SGPC members, Punjabis active in politics of foreign countries, farmers, businessmen, educationist, artists, writers, sportspersons, army officers etc. Only eminent personalities will participate in this function.”
Wizcraft International Entertainment has planned one and half hour show on the history of Punjabi Suba. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is expected to reach Amritsar on Thursday evening to review the preparations of the celebrations.
# Amritsar will also see inauguration of a war memorial on October 23 by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in the presence of army officers.
# A corridor to the Golden Temple will be inaugurated on October 25.