AS MANY as 2,000 eminent Punjabis from different fields settled across the world will be invited to the 50th Punjabi Suba anniversary celebrations to be held in Amritsar on November 1 evening.
The Punjab government will also organise a separate state-level rally for common people in the city in the morning. It is not yet not known if invites for the rally would be sent to all political parties or would only be limited to the leadership of the ruling alliance of Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Former Members of State Legislative Assembly and Members of Parliament from Punjab from all parties, however, will be invited for the evening function. Former Army Chief General J J Singh, Bollywood star Dharmendra, lyricist Gulzar and singer Gurdas Mann are also expected to make it to the evening function at the Heritage Town Hall near Golden Temple.
BJP national president Amit Shah and union finance minister Arun Jaitley are likely to be the chief guests of the function.
“A rally will be held on November 1 morning in the Ranjit Avenue Amritsar where common Punjabis will participate to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Punjabi Suba. It is not decided yet who all will be invited for it,” said Senu
Duggal, Director Public Relation.
Duggal added; “A special function for the invited eminent Punjabis will be held in the town hall building in the evening. They will be personalities from different fields, including incumbent and former MLAs, MPs, SGPC members, Punjabis active in politics of foreign countries, farmers, businessmen, educationist, artists, writers, sportspersons, army officers etc. Only eminent personalities will participate in this function.”
Wizcraft International Entertainment has planned one and half hour show on the history of Punjabi Suba. Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is expected to reach Amritsar on Thursday evening to review the preparations of the celebrations.
# Amritsar will also see inauguration of a war memorial on October 23 by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in the presence of army officers.
# A corridor to the Golden Temple will be inaugurated on October 25.