SAD and BJP, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Punjabi Suba movement, sounded the alliance’s poll bugle in Amrtisar on Tuesday. Punjab will go to polls next year. BJP national president Amit Shah and Union finance minister Arun Jaitley showered praise on their host Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for developing Punjab and both promised more support for the state in case the alliance returned to power.
Watch What Else Is Making News
In his address, Jaitley said, “There were a few instances when alliance partners were in power both in state and Center. Such relationships witnessed unparallel development due to synergy between both the governments.”
“Whenever history would be written, 1984 would be remembered as year of destruction and the current era would be best remembered as year of reconstruction by one and all,” he said. “The 1984 anti-Sikh carnage, frequent dismissal of democratically elected governments, menace of terrorism and several other misdeeds by the Congress spoke volumes of its dubious character.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Praising CM Badal, Jaitley said, “Even during such times Badal stood like a rock as a custodian of state’s rights thereby thwarting the nefarious designs of Congress. He also kept the alliance of SAD-BJP.” He said that Punjab witnessed complete transformation during the current regime. “The support from the central government for the state government will double if SAD-BJP returns to power in the state.”
Amit Shah congratulated every Punjabi on this historic occasion and said, “I bow my head in reverence to great Gurus, saints and seers of this sacred land who have blessed it with an aura of divinity, spirituality and brotherhood.”
“Credit for the firm and everlasting alliance between SAD-BJP goes to vision of the Chief Minister and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Towering personality of Badal earned respect from every one irrespective of political affiliations. Those people who were hell bent upon tarnishing the image of Punjabis deserve no leniency at all, what to talk of casting votes in their favor rather they should be shown the door in ensuing polls,” he said.
Chief minister Parkash singh Badal and deputy chief minister Sukhbir singh Badal also asked people to vote for alliance.
“You have to make decision for your fate. I promise you that your income will double if we come back to power,” said Badal.