Punjab Youth Congress activists on Wednesday held a protest demonstration here against the sacrilege incidents in the state and the alleged failure of SAD-BJP led state government in taking action against the culprits behind these incidents. Police used water cannon and resorted to mild cane charge against protesting members of Punjab Youth Congress when they, led by its president, Amarpreet Singh Lally, tried to move towards the residence of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to gherao his house.
Police detained some protesting members of youth Congress.
Senior Congress leader Harish Chaudhary also came out to support the members of youth Congress and pledged his solidarity for the cause.
Lally said, “Badals who claimed to be sole guardians of Sikhism in Punjab should resign as they have failed to take action against the culprits who are responsible for the series of sacrilege incidents last year.
Condemning the “insensitive” attitude of Badal, Lally alleged, “The Badal government failed to nip the trouble in the bud following which a spate of incidents of sacrilege of the Guru Granth Sahib surfaced.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Two persons even died in police firing in Behbal Kalan village in Faridkot district on October 14. The real culprits are out of reach even after one year. Nothing short of arrest of guilty cops will sooth the sentiments of the family and Sikh community”.
He further alleged that the law and order situation in Punjab had deteriorated as the state government had failed to contain miscreants who were behind sacrilege incidents.