The Punjab government will distribute 50,000 sports kits in urban and rural areas ahead of the Punjab assembly polls in early 2017. The kits will include cricket, volleyball, football, hockey gears, and multi-gym as well as loose weight equipment.
The kits have already reached a few districts. The Punjab sports department and registered youth clubs will distribute these kits, while local MLA, minister or district in-charges will also hand these over to beneficiaries at functions. The kits may also carry the “Raj Nahin Sewa (Service not rule)” unofficial logo of the government.
“Sports department has been selecting these kits very carefully and special attention is being given on the quality as several senior officers including PCS officers have been put on the duty to take care of it,” said a senior officer in the sports department.
The multi-gym kit will cost over Rs 40,000 each, while cricket and volleyball will cost over Rs 4,000 each, The hockey kit is expected to cost over Rs 10,000 and loose weights around Rs 20,000 per kit, said sources. In total, the kits will cost the government Rs 50 crore to Rs 70 crore.
An urban area gets around 200 (50 each of multi-gym and loose weight and 100 each of cricket and volleyball) and for rural constituencies, this is around 250 (50 each of multi gym and loose weight and 150 each of volleyball and cricket). While cricket and volleyball kits would be given in every village, multi-gym and loose weight would be given to select villages by the Youth clubs.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More