Two weeks after two children died of suspected food poisoning at Punjab government-run Sukhjit Ashram, a home for special children in Kapurthala, three children of same ashram were admitted in Civil Hospital Saturday.
Senior Medical Officer (SMO) of the hospital Dr Anoop Megh claimed that the children vomited due to overeating. Among those admitted were Sanjeev Kumar (15), Bunty (14) and Pooja Rani (14). Megh said they were stable and that Sanjeev was discharged in the evening.
The hospital said ashram staff need to be extra-cautious while serving meals.
Minister of State (MOS) for Social Justice and Empowerment, Vijay Sampla had visited the Civil Hospital Kapurthala on August 6 and proper care to the children. He had even informed that a team from his department will visit the ashram after a week to prepare a report on it.
“Though the children have been shifted to new rooms but there is a need to keep a tab on the hygiene of these children at the ashram, which unfortunately is not happening,” said an ashram employee.