A Day after a 13-year-old boy, Lovepreet Singh, was found hanging from an iron rod outside the grocery shop of his father at Pakhikalan village in Faridkot district, police on Monday booked three men of the same village on charges of murder.
The family, meanwhile, said they will not cremate Lovepreet’s body until the three accused were arrested.
Earlier in the day, they joined Punjab Students’ Union and volunteers of AAP in blocking the main Faridkot- Kotkapura road and later staged a dharna outside Sadar outside Sadar police station.
- Naming of square after PM Modi not the cause of Darbhanga killing, says Sushil Modi
- Gurdaspur acid attack: Main accused sentenced to 18 years in jail
- ‘If somebody pointed a finger at police, he took it to heart’
- 6 murders, 2 hours, 1 accused: Haryana town’s night of horror
- Punjab: Teen found hanging outside shop, cops suspect foul play
- Three policemen face murder charge
The three accused, Sohan Singh Brar, Gurjant Singh and Rajwinder Singh, have been named by the father of the victim.
The three were not arrested till the filing of the report. The protest, too, was underway.
“Gurjant, Rajwinder and Sohan Singh killed my son over a land dispute I had with them for the last 10 years,” said Lovepreet’s father Sukhmander Singh.
Gurdit Singh, sarpanch of the village, Gurdit confirmed that Sukhmander and the three accused were at loggerheads since long.
The sarpanch added he will try to convince the family to cremate the body.