Amid criticism that the state police treated the information about the terrorists provided by Superintendent of Police Salwinder Singh who was kidnapped and his car snatched – SP was later let off by the terrorists along with his cook – rather casually, Punjab Director General of Police Suresh Arora on Tuesday said that police received the information relating to SP’s kidnapping and car snatching at 3:23 am and acted swiftly on that and Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) was asked to rush for Pathankot at about 7 am.
“I will say that this is perhaps the only case where NSG commandos were deployed before the action started. Now you have to think for yourself how that was possible,” Arora said, indicating that it was after Punjab police alerted centre that NSG commandos were rushed to the airbase.
“We got this information around 3:23 am and sequence of events followed thereafter. Our officers reached the spot immediately after listening to what SP had to say although they wanted further corroboration. But they immediately started searching the vehicle and the person who had taken that away. In the meantime by 7 am Additional Director General (of Police) Law and Order was asked to rush for Pathankot immediately,” Arora said in a press conference here Tuesday evening.
He said ADGP (Law and Order) H S Dhillon was camping in Pathankot since January 1. I came on January 2. “Since then we have been part of the operation. During this period we were stationed inside airbase station only,” Arora said.
Responding to a query on SP’s vehicle with blue beacon atop allowed to go past the check posts and whether blue beacon provided immunity to any checking, Arora said the matter was under investigation. He said a joint probe by Punjab police and National Investigating Agency was on.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Arora was all praise for security forces. “…I will just like to share that seeing is believing. What we saw was the highest standard of professionalism on the part of defence forces, their dedication and commitment and feeling of making sacrifice for the country we could see clearly. Not only that, the kind of coordination, synergy and cooperation that was there trust me gentlemen your life, our life and the life of our families of this country are in the safest hands,” Arora said.