Amid criticism that the state police treated the information about the terrorists provided by Superintendent of Police Salwinder Singh who was kidnapped and his car snatched – SP was later let off by the terrorists along with his cook – rather casually, Punjab Director General of Police Suresh Arora on Tuesday said that police received the information relating to SP’s kidnapping and car snatching at 3:23 am and acted swiftly on that and Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) was asked to rush for Pathankot at about 7 am.
“I will say that this is perhaps the only case where NSG commandos were deployed before the action started. Now you have to think for yourself how that was possible,” Arora said, indicating that it was after Punjab police alerted centre that NSG commandos were rushed to the airbase.
“We got this information around 3:23 am and sequence of events followed thereafter. Our officers reached the spot immediately after listening to what SP had to say although they wanted further corroboration. But they immediately started searching the vehicle and the person who had taken that away. In the meantime by 7 am Additional Director General (of Police) Law and Order was asked to rush for Pathankot immediately,” Arora said in a press conference here Tuesday evening.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He said ADGP (Law and Order) H S Dhillon was camping in Pathankot since January 1. I came on January 2. “Since then we have been part of the operation. During this period we were stationed inside airbase station only,” Arora said.
Responding to a query on SP’s vehicle with blue beacon atop allowed to go past the check posts and whether blue beacon provided immunity to any checking, Arora said the matter was under investigation. He said a joint probe by Punjab police and National Investigating Agency was on.
Arora was all praise for security forces. “…I will just like to share that seeing is believing. What we saw was the highest standard of professionalism on the part of defence forces, their dedication and commitment and feeling of making sacrifice for the country we could see clearly. Not only that, the kind of coordination, synergy and cooperation that was there trust me gentlemen your life, our life and the life of our families of this country are in the safest hands,” Arora said.