Dropped as the party candidate from Nihal Singh Wala in Moga district, SAD MLA Rajwinder Kaur Saturday lashed out at the party high command and issued a week’s ultimatum to “review” the decision.
Watch What Else is Making News
This time, SAD has decided to field Jagraon MLA and former bureaucrat SR Kler from Nihal Singh Wala. Addressing workers at Sri Takhtupura Sahib gurudwara, Kaur alleged “open discrimination” and blamed state minister Tota Singh for the party’s decision to drop her.
“This all has happened because of one man’s game. He never wanted me to become MLA again and has been planning for five years to throw me out. He is none other than Agriculture minister Tota Singh. My workers today have issued seven days’ ultimatum to the party high command. If Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal fails to review the decision, we will announce further course,” Kaur told The Sunday Express.
Asked if she would contest as an Independent, she said, “I will announce my final decision after one week. If my workers want me to continue with the party, I will obey. If otherwise, I will contest as an Independent.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kaur said she had always been a clean, non-controversial party soldier which, she said, worked against her.
“I have always been a person with clean and sober image. I never sold chhitta (drugs), reta (sand) or sharaab (liquor). Those who allegedly sold these have got the tickets and my name has been struck off. I do not have a single case pending against me. In fact, I was never named in any. So what is this, if not discrimination.”
The old rivalry between Tota Singh and Kaur has always left Moga unit of Akali Dal split. Tota Singh, whose ancestral village falls in Nihal Singh Wala and from where he was also MLA twice, has always maintained “he belongs to area and will keep working for its people,”she said.
‘Party survey proved people rejected her’
Meanwhile, replying to Kaur’s allegations, Tota Singh said the party was giving tickets according to winnability of a candidate.
“She can blame me if she wants to, but the party’s independent survey has proved that people do not want her as candidate. She should now contest as an Independent and see how many votes she polls,” he told The Sunday Express. “We have to see party gets maximum seats and rejected leaders will not get tickets.”