Punjab government has said it will strictly adhere to the policy of giving reservation to ex-servicemen in all categories. Punjab Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Jagpal Singh Sandhu said this during a Civil Military Liaison Conference to discuss various issues related to the army and the state government. The Defence Services Welfare — the nodal department has been mandated to ensure its strict implementation, he said. It was also informed in the meeting that the notification for the enhancement of financial assistance from Rs 2,000 to Rs 4,500 per month admissible to World War-II veterans and widows had already been issued following the approval of state Cabinet.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The ACS also said that the state government would provide land for running Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) polyclinics at Non-military stations, where the land was available and in case of those stations, where the land was not readily available, the government would facilitate the army authorities to acquire land for the said purpose.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson of the chief minister’s office said that Parkash Singh Badal was scheduled to preside over this meeting but due to inclement weather, his chopper could not take off from Amritsar. He directed the Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) Home Jagpal Singh Sandhu to take part in the meeting.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review