Former servicemen has come forward and condemned the murder of an ex-defence personnel by liquor mafia in Moga and have urged the government to tighten the law and order situation in the state.
In a statement issued in Chandigarh Saturday, Brig KS Kahlon (retd), president of All India Defence Brotherhood (Punjab) said that the ruling SAD-BJP alliance will face adverse electoral prospects given the way law and order situation was deteriorating in the state.
Condemning the murder of the ex-serviceman at the hands of liquor mafia, Kahlon asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, to take urgent steps to protect the defence veterans in the state.
Similarly, the Ex-Servicemen Grievances Cell, Mohali, has also expressed its shock over the murder. Speaking to The Indian Express, Lt Col SS Sohi (retd), president of the cell said that it appeared that nobody was afraid of the rule of law in the state anymore. “If this is the state-of-affairs where the mafia is running amock even before elections have been announced, we can certainly expect worse when the actual campaining begins,” he said, adding that the ex-servicemen community is deeply hurt at the apathy being shown towards them by the state administration.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016