The FAZILKA district administration has found a temporary solution for the children who are missing classes because of closure of schools. While a large number of students have shifted to their relatives’ places, a few others are still staying in the relief camps.
“The children staying in the relief camps can go to the Government schools located nearby and can attend provisional classes for the time being. This way, their studies will not be missed and they will remain in touch with school syllabus,”said DC Fazilka Isha Kalia. These classes will start from October 3 onwards where children can study in their respective classes provisionally in a different school and mid-day meal will also be provided till Class 8.
She also issued helpline numbers where parents can call for any queries. These numbers are :95010 25465, 97815 84273 for primary students and 01638 260363 for higher secondary students. The other helpline number for general problems for Fazilka is 01638- 262153 while for Ferozepur it is 01632—244024.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, it needs to be mentioned that kids in the relief camps who have not brought their school bags along will
be allowed to go home to get their bags, uniform etc.
They need not to take any fresh admission and if students are more in a particular class, a new section will be created for them. Similar rule follows for students who are staying at their relatives places. This arrangement has been made for children of 150 border schools of Fazilka while in Ferozepur all the district schools have been closed and hence no make-shift arrangements have been made for students till now.
In a bid to make the villagers staying in the relief camps located in Sant Kabir ITI, Chuharianwali and Theh Kalandar villages in Fazilka feel at home- the district administration has made a novel effort by screening Punjabi movies through a projector. On Friday, the movie Angrej was shown in all relief centres of Fazilka from 8pm- 11pm after dinner, said Kalia who herself visited the camps and saw some part of the movie with them. “Such an arrangement will be made every evening till the camps exist,” she said, adding that everyday a new movie will be shown.
Interestingly, it needs to be mentioned that a few villagers have even installed their dish antenna as well within the relief camp and hence are watching their favourite programmes on a mini tv which they have brought along with. “ This is being done to kill time since we don’t have much work to do here,” said Paro bai a resident of Fazilka’s Mohar Sona village who is camping at Sant Kabir ITI.