The Punjab unit of the BJP has called on to its cadre to extend all help to people of border villages who were evacuated following the surgical attack by the Indian Army across the Line of Control.
In an emergency meeting of the core group of the party, held at Jalandhar on Friday, union minister and president of state unit of the BJP Vijay Sampla said, “Bharatiya Janta Party leaders and activists should collaborate with the administration in whatever manner possible so that the evacuation process is carried out with ease. Also, it should be ensured that the displaced people do not face any food, shelter and medical-care related problems. It is sad that people in border villages have to leave their ancestral homes and property for their country. We should respect their sacrifice. The whole nation is with them in this hour of need. BJP is determined to serve them.”
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The core group was unanimous in stating that the whole nation was rallying behind the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. “By conducting the surgical strikes and returning safely, the Indian Army has given a befitting reply to Pakistan and has made the nation proud,” the functionaries said in a joint statement.
Meanwhile, the state secretary of the party, Vineet Joshi, said that owing to the changed circumstances, it was decided to replace the venue of the state executive from Pathankot to Chandigarh for the meeting to be held on October 2.