Days after the AAP alleged that there was a “tacit understanding” between the Badals and him, Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh now claimed a secret nexus between his rivals to malign him. In a statement issued on Monday, Amarinder said, “The two parties seem to have ganged up together to malign me as they see a common and formidable enemy in me.
Otherwise how come Arvind Kejriwal got to know much in advance about the contents of the secret and sealed vigilance bureau report submitted to the court on Friday and has to be opened on the next date of hearing on October 25?” he asked in a statement issued here today. The vigilance bureau filed a cancellation report in the alleged Amritsar Improvement Trust (AIT) corruption case. AAP claimed that the cancellation report was a result of “Badal-Capt nexus”.
The PCC president said he was not bothered about contents of the vigilance bureau report. “I have been fighting the bureau and its Akali bosses for last 10 years and I don’t mind fighting them for another 10 years more, but what has surprised me is the confidence with which Kejriwal claims that the bureau was closing the case against me,” he said. “It is a clear case of Badal proposing and Kejriwal disposing.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He pointed out the AIT was not the only case filed by the vigilance at the behest of the Badals against him as he was facing another case in Ludhiana also. “I have maintained from day one that I have full faith in the judicial system and all these cases will fall flat in the courts of law and I don’t need any special favours from anyone”, he asserted.
Amarinder said both parties were unsettled after the “massive public response” he has been getting across Punjab. “Moreover, the survey reports of all political parties including the Akalis and the AAP have put us (Congress) far ahead of others,” he remarked.
Amarinder reiterated that no matter to what extent the Akalis and the AAP gang up together in trying to malign him, his stand against the corruption will remain the same. “Badals know it too well from their knowledge and experience as I have jailed them once and I will certainly jail them again for all their sins of omission and commission and I don’t need any certificate from anyone, much less the AAP leaders”, he said. He added that he had been vigorously raising the Bhola drug case, which put the Akalis in a spot of bother.