Former DGP (prisons) Shashi Kant has been summoned by a local court in a defamation case filed against him by BJP leader Jimmy Kaila. He had claimed Kalia, a close confidant of BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia, of being involved in drug racket.
Complainant Kalia said the court summoned him for November 17. On April 22, 2014 the Kant had named some politicians of state, including four from SAD, and one each of BJP and Congress. Kant even alleged that a former DGP and a serving DGP were aware of the ties these politicians allegedly had with drug mafia.
Kant had claimed that in four page list the names of as many as 98 people that included 12 to 15 senior police officials of IPS and PPS rank, leaders of Congress, BJP, SAD, administrative officers and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) were mentioned.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing