Punjab Pradesh Congress Thursday staged a protest and strongly objected to the distribution of BPL cards by the Akali halqa in-charges. The party also alleged discrimination and discrepancies in the preparation and distribution of the cards, saying the deserving people were being deliberately left out for political reasons.
The party workers led by PCC vice president and Kapurthala MLA Rana Gurjeet Singh staged a demonstration at Kapurthala to protest against the discrimination. Rana also submitted a memorandum to Kapurthala Deputy Commissioner saying that the Akali halqa in-charge Sarabjit Singh Makkar was interfering in the functioning of the administration and distributing the cards himself while it was the job of the DFSC.
He alleged that BPL cards were being selectively distributed among Akali supporters, most of them undeserving, while the Congress supporters, despite deserving these cards, were being ignored and left out.
The Congress vice president disclosed that there were already 15,000 BPL card holders in Kapurthala assembly segment, while 7000 fresh ration cards had been distributed by the Akali halqa in-charge in the recent past.
Following the protest, the District Food and Civil Supply (DFSC) has assured the Congress leader that the cards will be distributed from his (DFCS’s) office only. There are about 9,000 pending BPL cards which will be distributed in a few days by the DFSC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More