Punjab Pradesh Congress vice president and Kapurthala MLA Rana Gurjeet Singh Sunday criticised the Akali-BJP government for using government employees to distribute the booklets highlighting ‘false’ development works carried out by the party in the past nine years.
“It is a total misuse of official machinery where government employees are forced to do the Akalis’ propaganda work”, Rana said in a statement issued today. He claimed that since government employees have been being deputed to distribute the booklets, normal work in the offices is suffering due to which the general public is getting harassed.
The Kapurthala MLA stated that had there been any real development carried out by the Akalis during the past 9 years, they would not need to take help of these booklets to tell people. “Development speaks for itself and you do not need to print and publish booklets and force these on people”, he said.
Making an appeal to government employees to resist the diktats by the Akalis, Singh said, “Since you know that nobody is going to entertain or attend your party workers and believe them, you are forcing the government employees do this job”, he said.
Highlighting the good work done by Captain Amarinder Singh when he was the Chief Minister, the MLA said,”People can judge for themselves. No matter how much you try to mislead them with false propaganda they are not going to believe you or buy your argument”, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016