Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh on Sunday sounded the poll bugle as he kickstarted a mega campaign- Halke Vich Captain from Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal’s constituency Jalalabad.
Over 3000 people had gathered on day one of Singh’s campaign to share their problems with him during his his 2-hour long, no holds barred interaction at ‘Lokan Da Durbar’. Singh not only heard them out but also promised to set up a task force within 100 days once his government is elected.
“I have come here today to hear your problems, to discuss the issues you face. I request you all to share with me your problems and I will look into them, set up a task force within the first 100 days of my government being elected to resolve your issues,” said Singh.
- ‘Congress over-promised… Loan waiver the biggest promise Captain’s govt has broken’
- A-Z of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh’s first year
- Ludhiana Municipal Corporation poll campaign ends, ‘Bains’ factor faces litmus test in triangular contest
- Kejriwal not God, just a man: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Punjab: Amarinder Singh will kick off his ‘Halke Vich Captain’ campaign from Sunday
- With eye on polls, Amarinder announces outreach programme ‘Halke Vich Captain’
Taking note of the plight of residents of Pakkan village, where 57 farmers have committed suicide in the last six months due to rising debt, Singh promised that he will outlaw dispossession and auctioning of farmer land when he comes to power.
On being informed that 69 students were cheated of lakhs of money, Singh assured to speak to the management and look into it on priority. He also assured the contract labourers of Jalalabad that their housing issues would be resolved on priority by the task force he would set up.
The Congress leader also interacted with over 1500 local party workers, where they shared constituency issues and suggestions for the party campaign with him. Party leaders Ajit Darshan, Sunil Jhakkar, Nath Ram, Simranjeet Singh, Puranjai Singh and Ruby Balkar Singh were present at the event
116 more such events are to be held across Punjab before the 2017 assembly elections.