The Punjab and Haryana High Court Thursday stayed the Punjab government’s recovery notices running into crores of rupees issued to three private sugar mills, for making Rs 50 per quintal payment to sugarcane growers, which, as per the sugar mill owners, was to be paid by the state government.
The order came from the court headed by Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain on petitions moved by Bhagwanpura Sugar Mills of Sangrur, AB Sugars Limited of Hoshiarpur and M/s Rana Sugars Limited owned by Congress MLA Rana Gurjit Singh.
The court, while issuing notices to the Punjab government, sought a reply by October 17.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Orders with regard to Chadha Sugars and Industries Pvt Ltd. of Gurdaspur and M/s Wahid Sandhar Sugars Ltd. of Kapurthala have already been stayed by the court earlier. The court made it clear that in case the industry and godown of private sugar mills have already been locked, the government authorities shall open the locks immediately.
The sugar mills have submitted that the Punjab Cane Commissioner had informed the mills that the state government had decided that all seven private sugar mills of Punjab shall disburse the cane price at the rate Rs 245 per quintal to the cane growers for the season 2015- 2016 (present season) and the balance agreed price of Rs 50 per quintal shall be disbursed either by the state or the central government.