Vinod Kumar, AAP candidate from the border constituency of Bhoa, on Thursday alleged that he has been told to deposit Rs one crore as party fund or sit back home, a charge refuted by the party. He made this exposure at a news conference. Bhoa is in Pathankot district.
Giving details, he said that he was summoned by the party’s Punjab incharge Sanjay Singh and organisation secretary Durgesh Pathak to the party office in Chandigarh and given this instruction.
Watch What Else Is Making News
“I told them to connect me to party convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. Sanjay Singh connected the phone. When I told him that these people were demanding Rs 1 crore, he said do whatever told by Sanjay Singh.
“He (Kejriwal) said it is high tech poll that costs money,” he alleged.
Significantly, Vinod Kumar, a former journalist, has levelled this allegation after getting the ticket.
He said Sanjay told him that in case he was not in a position, the party could refund him Rs 30 lakh that he might have incurred so far on his campaigning.
However, he would have to announce his withdrawal citing family reasons.
He was warned that there were others who were willing to pay upto Rs two crore.
The money is being collected by these people in the name of party fund, he said.
Meanwhile, in a hurriedly called separate press conference here, AAP Punjab in-charge Sanjay tonight refused the allegation of demanding money levelled by AAP candidate from Bhoha, Vinod Kumar.
Singh said that the allegations of demanding money are baseless and wild.
Challenging the allegations Sanjay said, “If anyone proves the allegations of demanding money, I will not only leave politics but quit public life as well.
“I am ready to face any inquiry regarding it.”
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now