A four-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person in Malwal Jadid village in the Ferozpur district, leaving her with severe injuries, police said on Thursday.
The victim’s father said the child was sleeping with her mother in the courtyard of the house and went missing around 9.30 pm on Monday.
It is suspected that the accused entered the courtyard, gagged the minor and took her to a field, police said, adding he had left the child on the outskirts of the village.
- 32-year-old pregnant woman gang-raped in Uttar Pradesh
- After 14-year-old complains of pain, family realises she is 8 months pregnant; POCSO case filed
- Madhya Pradesh: Girl, raped and set on fire, dies at hospital
- Minor girl raped, set on fire in Madhya Pradesh village
- Bombay HC allows minor rape victim, 27-year-old to terminate pregnancy
- Punjab schoolgirl gangraped, bleeds to death after family denies her medical help
Some migrant labourers, who were planting paddy in the fields, heard the screams of the child and took her to a hospital, they said.
The girl suffered severe injuries and underwent a surgery at the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital in Faridkot, police said.
After registering a case against an unidentified person, the police has rounded up a 25-year-old married youth of the village.