Three persons were on Monday arrested in connection with the murder of a 38-year-old local BJP leader who was shot and hacked to death allegedly by a group of people in Talegaon Dabhade near here, police said. The accused, identified as Bunty alias Shankar Dabhade, Sandip Pachpind and Sanju Pachpind (all local residents), have been arrested under relevant sections of IPC, police said.
“Besides these three accused, we have booked seven to eight people, including the main suspect and criminal on record, Shyam Dabhade, who has been spotted in one of the CCTV footages. A manhunt has been launched to trace the absconding assailants,” Additional Superintendent of Police Rajkumar Shinde said.
Sachin Shelke, former president of Talegaon Dabhade Municipal Council, was travelling in his car when assailants waylaid him near a petrol pump yesterday. The attackers asked Shelke to get down from the car and fired a round at him and then attacked him with sharp-edged weapons before fleeing.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The murder was a fallout of previous enmity, police said adding that Shelke and his family members had survived an attack in 2013.
Meanwhile, all the three arrested accused were produced in a local court in Maval tehsil, where they were remanded to police custody till October 24.
Situation in and around Talegaon has been tense and heavy police force have been deployed there.
The absconding accused Shyam Dabhade, who was also suspect in 2010 RTI activist Satish Shetty murder case, was booked in several cases, including extortion, attempt to murder.