The social security cell of Pune city police has arrested managers of a hotel in Koregaon Park area in connection with a high profile sex racket involving foreign nationals.
Action on a tip-off to havaldar Pramod Mhetre, a Crime Branch team led by senior inspector Sanjay Patil raided the Bel Air Hotel in Koregaon Park on Thursday.
Police rescued three women from the spot including one foreigner hailing from Uzbekistan, one from New Delhi and one from Maharashtra.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Watch What Else is Making News
Police have arrested the hotel manager identified as Teddy Fernandes and front manager James Alphonso under sections of the Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act (PITA).
An offence in this case was registered at the Koregaon Park police station.
A press release issued by the police mentions that Fernandes and Alphonso were arrested as they were allegedly found to be involved in the crime.
The police have launched searches for the alleged
kingpin Ashwin alias Vivek Jagtap and his accomplices identified as Kunal, Amit Chhatri and Rohit.
The police said that suspects were allegedly arranging women from different states and even foreign countries for carrying out flesh trade in Pune.