An offence has been registered against seven people associated with a private firm for allegedly duping as many as 40 people of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them jobs in a foreign country.
Mohan Vishnu Dethe, 30, resident of Dhondewadi in Pandharpur, Solapur, had lodged a complaint in the matter at Sahkarnagar police station. Accordingly, the police have booked Sultan Khan, alias Kurwale, Vijay Bharati, Asma Khan, alias Kurwale, along with four others working for a private firm called Golbal Star Management Private Limited Company at KK Market in Dhankawdi.
Watch what else is making news
As per the complaint, Dethe had contacted the suspects after getting information about the company through an online search engine in February this year.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The police said the company had allegedly promised him a job in a foreign country, taking Rs 4.8 lakh from them as expenses and charges from time to time. However, the job promised was never provided. Police said the company had allegedly cheated 39 more people to the tune of Rs 49,06,500 on the same pretext. Inspector AT Waghmale of Sahkarnagar police station is investigating the case.