An offence has been registered against seven people associated with a private firm for allegedly duping as many as 40 people of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of providing them jobs in a foreign country.
Mohan Vishnu Dethe, 30, resident of Dhondewadi in Pandharpur, Solapur, had lodged a complaint in the matter at Sahkarnagar police station. Accordingly, the police have booked Sultan Khan, alias Kurwale, Vijay Bharati, Asma Khan, alias Kurwale, along with four others working for a private firm called Golbal Star Management Private Limited Company at KK Market in Dhankawdi.
Watch what else is making news
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
As per the complaint, Dethe had contacted the suspects after getting information about the company through an online search engine in February this year.
The police said the company had allegedly promised him a job in a foreign country, taking Rs 4.8 lakh from them as expenses and charges from time to time. However, the job promised was never provided. Police said the company had allegedly cheated 39 more people to the tune of Rs 49,06,500 on the same pretext. Inspector AT Waghmale of Sahkarnagar police station is investigating the case.