Former Union Minister V Narayanasamy will today be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Puducherry. Along with Narayanasamy, five Congress legislators will be sworn-in as ministers.
Lt Governor Kiran Bedi will administer the oath of office and secrecy to the six-member team of ministers at the swearing in ceremony to be held at the historic Gandhi Tidal on beach Road at noon.
- Puducherry CM Narayanasamy blames Centre for fiscal hardships
- PM Modi attacks Congress in Puducherry: Compare 48-year rule of one family with NDA’s 48 months
- Pondy CM Narayanasamy to meet President, PM to discuss Kiran Bedi’s functioning
- AIADMK to write to Election Commission to disqualify Puducherry MLAs ‘holding office of profit’
- Puducherry CM Narayanasamy launches campaign for Nellithope by-poll
- Puducherry: V Narayanasamy sworn in as Chief Minister
Narayanasamy had served as Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office in the second UPA government after serving as MoS Parliamentary Affairs in UPA-I.
Congress – DMK alliance has 17 members in the 30 member Territorial Assembly.
V Narayanasamy emerged victorious in the struggle but the impasse did not end as there were more contenders for cabinet berths.