A comprehensive action plan highlighting the preparedness of various government departments in Puducherry to rise to any exigency during the forthcoming monsoon was launched in Puducherry on Thursday. District Collector Satyendra Singh Durasawat told reporters that from the past experience, the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management have come up with an action plan.
Thirty two shelters would be in place for accommodating people in case their residential pockets are inundated. Volunteers from the NSS, Nehru Yuva Kendra, NCC and personnel of Indian Coast Guard would be associated with the ground level work, he said. A mock drill as to how people and the machinery should act in case of an emergency, would be held in one of the villages on October 8.
He further said, task forces had been constituted for each revenue firka to respond to calls for help. Control rooms with the toll free number 1070/1077 would also be available for the people to report any incident. The health, local administration and PWD departments would also be associated with the work, he added.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free