Puducherry government would offer training to school girls to defend themselves against the backdrop of suicide of a school girl here following sexual assault. An eighth standard girl in Kilinjalmedu village here had committed suicide on Monday following sexual assault by a youth. Based on the dying declaration by the girl, Dhanraj of the same locality was arrested the next day.
Chief Minister Narayanaswamy visited the parents of the girl last night and consoled them. He also announced a solatium of Rs two lakh to her parents.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
He also held a meeting with police officials of the district and discussed the steps to be taken to prevent violence against school girls.
Later talking to reporters, Narayanasamy said the government would offer self defence training to school girls to prevent sexual assault.
He said he was concerned about the incidents of sexual assault on school girls, adding, the government would take efforts to prevent occurrence of such incidents.