Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said “enemies of humanity” who could not digest India’s progress carried out the attack in Pathankot.
Modi assured that the defence forces had the strength to defeat “the evil designs of our enemy.”
“…our security forces did not let them succeed: Proud of our jawans and security forces,” he said, referring to Pakistani terrorists’ pre-dawn strike at the Indian Air Force base at Pathankot in Punjab.
LIVE from Pathankot: Fifth terrorist neutralized, ‘proud of our jawans’, says PM Modi
The fierce gunbattle claimed the lives of three security men, while five infiltrators were killed, with the terror strike coming days after Modi’s surprise stopover in Lahore in signs of thawing of relations with Pakistan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Today, enemies of humanity who can’t see India progress tried to strike at our strategic area, a prominent airbase at Pathankot. I appreciate our armed forces and thank them for foiling our enemy’s attempt,” Modi said, adding “our security forces did not let them succeed.”
“I want to assure our countrymen that our armed forces have the strength to defeat the evil designs of our enemy,” he said.
Congratulating the armed forces “who are always ready to protect the country”, he said if the country speaks out with unity, the “ill will of our enemies will get destroyed.”
“I feel proud of our armed forces”, said the Prime Minister in his speech at the birth centenary celebrations of Dr Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji of Suttur Mutt which runs a string of educational institutions benefiting nearly a lakh students.
In his speech at the event, Modi said the 21st century is the century of knowledge.
“The one with more knowledge and information will influence the world”, he said.
It is the saints who have understood what the 21st century is about, said the Prime Minister as he laid the foundation for a Knowledge Resource Centre at the Mutt.
“…rishis, saints, seers, Mutts…they have done so much for society. Sadly, some people have only believed in criticising,” Modi said.
“These saints, seers…they overcame so much opposition and ensured evils were removed from society: Whenever the need came, a new strength always emerged from our society…,” Modi said.
Speaking at another event, Modi said work of saints, seers and rishis had always been for the welfare of society.
The seers and saints do not tom tom about their efforts as they feel it was part of their duty to work for the welfare of the society, he said during his visit to Avadhoota Datta Peetham, an ashram founded by Sree Ganapati Sachchidananda Swamiji, here, which is engaged in spiritual and welfare activities.
Modi, on a two-day visit to Karnataka, will inaugurate the annual Indian Science Congress here tomorrow as part of his engagements that also include laying the foundation stone for a helicopter manufacturing facility of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Tumkuru district tomorrow.