BJP and RSS workers on Monday staged a protest in Bengaluru against the gruesome murder of a local RSS functionary and demanded a fair probe into the case and immediate arrest of the culprits. Rudresh, a 35-year old RSS worker, was hacked to death by two motorcycle-borne men who struck him with machete on Kamaraja Road in Bengaluru on Sunday, when he was returning home on a bike after attending an RSS event.
Watch What Else Is Making News
RSS has called for a bandh on Monday in Shivajinagar area, where the murder took place following which prohibitory orders have been clamped in four police station limits of the eastern zone of the city Commissionerate limits till midnight.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Police said elaborate security arrangements had been made all over the city as a precautionary measure, adding that central forces have also been deployed.
Platoons of Karnataka State Reserve Police, City Armed Reserve, Rapid Action Force and Central Industrial security Force have been deployed, police said.
BJP and RSS workers led by former Deputy Chief Minister R Ashoka and Members of Parliament Shobha Karandlaje and P C Mohan and others, marched from Shivajinagar towards Police Commissioner’s office, but were stopped midway.
Linking Rudresh’s murder to killing of BJP and RSS functionaries in different part of the country, Karandlaje said “there is a feeling that these killings are part of a planned conspiracy.”
Ashoka said the culprits should be nabbed first before they fled out of the city or state.
Home Minister G Parameshwara said, “Four to five teams have been formed to investigate. Police will do their job. A few persons have already been taken into the custody, inquiry is on.”
He said “Rudres happens to be an RSS worker, other than that, we are not aware of anything about him. We will get to know the exact reasons for his killing only after the investigation.”
Assuring BJP and RSS workers that police will conduct a fair investigation into the case, city Police Commissioner N S Megharikh said, “We will nab the culprits soon.”