Calling Rahul Gandhi a traitor for “demanding proof of the surgical strikes”, BJP MP from Fatehpur Sikri Chaudhary Babulal on Saturday asked if the Congress vice-president would provide proof of his own parentage.
“Rahul Gandhi jo surgical strike par saboot maangne ki baat kar rahein hain, woh hote kaun hain saboot mangne vaale? Ye to desh ke khilaf gaddari hai. Agar main sawal uthaun ke woh kiski aulad hain, toh kya woh saboot denge? Aisi internal cheezon ka saboot nahin maanga jata. Sena ne desh ke samman ke liye aur badla lene ke liye yeh kadam uthaya hai. (Rahul is demanding proof of the surgical strikes, who is he to demand such proof? This amounts to being a traitor. If I ask questions about his parentage, will he give proof? One cannot demand evidence in such internal matters. Whatever the Army did was to avenge wrongs and protect the prestige of the nation),” Babulal told The Indian Express.
Rahul, while speaking at the conclusion of his kisan yatra, had accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of doing “dalali” (cashing in) on the sacrifice of soldiers, sparking a political slugfest. Reserving BJP’s right to take the surgical strikes “to the people” during the upcoming Assembly polls, BJP president Amit Shah had on Friday accused the Congress of politicising the issue and said that dalali is the forte of the Congress party — from “Bofors to Embraer” and from “2G to coal”.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
Babulal demanded that a case be filed against Rahul for betraying the nation and hurting the sentiments of people by questioning the strikes. “In the last 60 years, Rahul Gandhi and his family have sucked the country dry by indulging in scams worth crores. Before Atal Bihari Vajpayee, even the bodies of our jawans would not come back. Rahul Gandhi never commented on the scams of his brother-in-law but is now questioning the Army. There should be a case against him and he should be punished,” the MP said.
“The entire country wants revenge, they want the country’s prestige to be upheld. Who is Rahul Gandhi to interfere in the internal matters of the Army?” Babulal said.