Against the backdrop of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s “dalali” barb at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, at a Ramlila event here, said politicians in the country should keep in mind the decorum of “Maryada Purushottam” — the title used to describe Lord Rama.
“I want to say one thing. A lot of people don’t remember the traditions of this country. At the Ramlila event of Lord Rama, I want to tell politicians that they should keep in mind the decorum of Maryada Purushottam. And they should heartily welcome the achievements of the Army and the surgical strikes,” Parrikar, who was felicitated at the Luv Kush Ramlila event in the capital, said.
Referring to the surgical strikes, the Defence Minister said, “Something that had not happened in our Army for the last 25 years and which was in every citizen’s mind, the Army has achieved that.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He also drew a parallel between the Ramlila, which re-enacts the battle between Lord Rama and Ravana, and the surgical strikes. “This is a festive season and the whole country should be alert. Our Army has conducted the strikes in a manner that the people of this country always desired. The strikes have come exactly before Dussehra and our Army has destroyed the enemy,” he said.