Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday said the NDA Government had no plans to change the existing reservation policy and maintained the idea of quota in private sector was only at “proposal” stage.
The government is not going to make any change in the current reservation policy for SC/STs and other communities in jobs and educational institutes, the Minister of Food and Public Distribution told reporters here.
He was asked to respond to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat’s reported comment calling for a review of the reservation policy a few months ago.
- Education, women Issues get priority In Cong manifesto, focus on Patidar quota, joblessness & traders woes
- Nitish Kumar bats for reservations in job promotions
- No quota benefits beyond two successive generations: Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi
- Constitution bench to revisit 11-year-old verdict on SC/ST quota
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar defends reservation in outsourced services
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar for reservation in private sector, wants debate at national level
The chief of Lok Janshakti Party, a key ruling ally of BJP at the Centre, was here as part of a public outreach programme launched by the NDA government which last month completed two years in office.
To a query regarding setting aside a fixed proportion of jobs for people from marginalised sections in the private sector, the Dalit leader from Bihar said it is still at “proposal” stage and “we are thinking over it”.
Paswan said the Cente is going to provide additional 5 lakh tonnes of wheat and rice for drought-affected people in Maharashtra. People from 14 districts will benefit from it.