Prime Minister of India is on duty all the time, the PMO has said, adding no leave records of former prime ministers are available with it. The Prime Minister’s Office(PMO) said this when an RTI applicant sought a copy of leave rules and procedures for the Prime Minister of the country from it and the Cabinet Secretariat.
“The Prime Minister can be said to be on duty all the time,” the Right to Information(RTI) response from the PMO said.
The applicant also wanted to know if former prime ministers Manmohan Singh, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, H D Deve Gowda, I K Gujral, P V Narasimha Rao, Chandrashekhar, V P Singh and Rajiv Gandhi had availed any leave and were there any records.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Information regarding leave record of previous Prime Ministers is not a part of records held by this office. However, it may be noted that no leave has been availed by present Prime Minister i.e Shri Narendra Modi since taking over charge,” the RTI response said.
A similar RTI application was also filed by the RTI applicant to other authorities like Cabinet Secretariat to ascertain if they have any information about leave of former prime ministers and rules regarding this for the Head of the government.
But there was no response and the application was transferred to Home Ministry which further sent it to the PMO which said it does not have any information about leave records of former prime ministers.