Russian President Vladimir Putin’s arrival in Goa on Saturday to attend the BRICS Summit was delayed due to poor visibility with thick fog making it difficult for his plane to land in the coastal state. The Russian President was first scheduled to arrive at 1 AM at INS Hansa base, which is adjacent to the Dabolim Airport, but his arrival was delayed due to thick fog in the region, sources in the naval base told PTI.
His flight, which was supposed to land at 3 AM, was rescheduled to 7 AM but even at that time it could not arrive. However, due to security reasons it was not stated as to where his plane has been diverted. Heavy security was in place along the road connecting INS Hansa base to the summit’s venue hotel in Benaulim village. Several Union and Goa government officials were also camping at the base since last night to welcome the Russian President.
“The arrival of President of Russia has been delayed. The exact rescheduled time of his arrival has not been given to us,” Deputy Superintendent of Police Suchita Desai said. Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Goa last night and was welcomed at the INS Hansa base by Governor Mridula Sinha, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar and Deputy Chief Minister Francis D’Souza.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Prime Minister was later taken to the venue hotel by road in Benaulim where he was welcomed by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.