President Pranab Mukherjee is scheduled to arrive in Kathmandu on November 2 on a three-day official visit to Nepal, the first by an Indian Head of State in nearly two decades. Mukherjee will pay a state visit to Nepal from November 2 to 4, at the invitation of Nepalese president Bidya Devi Bhandari, a Foreign Ministry official confirmed. The date for the visit was worked out during the official visit to India by Nepalese Prime Minister Prachanda last month.
Watch what else is making news:
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
However, the detailed programme of the visit is yet to be finalised, the official said. Nepalese media reported that Mukherjee is also likely to visit Pokhara, Muktinath and Janakpur. Preparation for the high-level visit has started in both the countries, the official added.
No Indian President has visited the Himalayan republic since K R Narayanan’s visit in 1997. After Mukherjee’s visit, the Nepalese President is expected to embark on a state visit to India, the officials here said. Nepal may have two important visits in the coming month, with Chinese president Xi Jinping also likely to pay an official visit to the country the same month.