President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the five-day international Gita festival at Kurukshetra on December 6, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said on Monday. He said that the Gita Mahotsava is being celebrated to take the eternal message of the holy book to the international stage. At the inaugural function, 18,000 students from all over Haryana will recite the shlokas of the Gita at the sacred Brahma Sarovar in Kurukshetra.
574 men and women, each embodying one shloka spoken by Lord Krishna, will converge at Kurukshetra from different cities in the country on December 5. A number of cultural performances, art shows, literary events and festivities will mark the celebrations upto December 10.
Khattar said an international seminar on the relevance of Bhagavad Gita in modern life will be organised at the campus of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra on December 9. “Many famous scholars and lovers of Gita from all walks of life, like astronaut Sunita Williams, who proudly carries a copy of Gita in her space sojourns, and (US lawmaker) Tulsi Gabbard, who took the oath of office with the Gita in her hand, have been invited to speak,” he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations