On Children’s Day on Monday, the President will give away 42 awards to children as well as child welfare institutions for their exceptional achievements. The awards are given in three categories- National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievements, National Awards for Child Welfare and Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award.
This year’s recipients include a paralympics swimmer, a chess player, an equestrian as well as students with keen interest in music and those with several technological innovations to their name.
National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievement, 2016 comprises one gold medal and 30 silver medals.
The Gold medallist will also be awarded a cheque of Rs 20,000. Silver medallists will get a cheque of Rs 10,000 each. This category of awards is for children in the age group of 5-18 years.
National Awards for Child Welfare, 2015 will be given to five institutions and three individuals. It comprises cash a prize of Rs 3,00,000 to each institution and Rs 1,00,000 to each individual.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award, 2016 will be conferred on three individuals. It includes a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000 each along with a certificate and a silver plaque.