President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday greeted the country on the occasion of Durga Puja and hoped that the festival will inspire people to build a society in which woman are respected as equal partners.
In his message, Mukherjee said, “Durga Puja marks the victory of righteousness over evil and knowledge over ignorance. Goddess Durga is the mother of the universe and personification of all virtues. May this festival be an occasion for revival and rejuvenation.”
He extended warm greetings and best wishes to all the countrymen in India and abroad.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“May it inspires us to tread the path of moral rectitude and build a society in which woman are respected as equal partners in the building of our nation. Let us pray to Goddess Durga that she guide us on the path of right conduct and service to our nation,” he said.