- Pakistani girl who died in Texas shooting 'wanted to experience American culture'
- Man lynched in MP for ‘bull slaughter’: Economic reasons, not vigilantism, behind assault on duo, say villagers
- Kerala Nipah outbreak HIGHLIGHTS: People advised against eating fruits lying on ground, fruit bats suspected carriers
BJP MP Subramanian Swamy’s complaint about alleged breakdown of governance in Delhi has been forwarded to the Home Ministry by the President’s Secretariat.
In a letter to President Pranab Mukherjee last week, Swamy had sought his intervention alleging that the AAP government was functioning in a “highly arbitrary, unreasonable and malafide” manner.
Swamy had also alleged that Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung was playing a “mischievous” role of abetting Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at the behest of the Congress party and, at the same time, appearing to oppose the AAP leader in public.
- Rahul Gandhi’s statement on becoming PM immature, says Subramanian Swamy
- Sunanda Pushkar case: Draft final report prepared, SIT tells Supreme Court
- Government nudges IIT Delhi to settle dispute with Subramanian Swamy
- President sends Swamy’s complaint against Kejriwal to Home Ministry
- Swamy’s latest: Sack Kejriwal if he doesn’t say sorry to Girri over NDMC official’s murder row
- Subramanian Swamy attacks L-G Jung, says he takes instructions from Ahmed Patel
The President’s Secretariat conveyed to Swamy that his communication has been forwarded to the Home Secretary.
In the letter, Swamy had also mentioned about charges levelled by Kejriwal against BJP MP Maheish Girri in connection with murder of an NDMC official.
Swamy said Jung should have categorically told Kejriwal that if he does not substantiate his allegations against Girri or apologise, he would recommend to the Centre dismissal of the AAP government.
Swamy requested the President to ask the Union Home Ministry to issue a directive as per provision of the Constitution and seek a report asking on what basis Kejriwal and his colleagues have made allegations of murder against Girri.