The Army Tuesday said it was prepared to deal with any misadventure from across the LoC by Pakistani troops or terrorists in the wake of surgical strikes on terror camps in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir.
“Along the LoC, our preparedness is of the highest degree. The Indian Army is ready to deal with any misadventure from across the LoC, whether it is by regulars or otherwise,” General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 corps Lt Gen Satish Dua told reporters here.
Watch What Else Is Making News:
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said there has been a spurt in infiltration attempts from across the LoC, but the Army foiled most of these bids as it is evident from the encounters taking place near the LoC.
“I do admit that some infiltration has taken place, but the encounters along the LoC and the number of militants eliminated shows the preparedness of the Army,” he said.
Gen Dua refused to comment on the surgical strikes by the Army in PoK last month, saying the armed force and the political leadership has already said whatever was to be said about it.
“I do not have any different point of view,” he added.
Asked if there was a trust deficit between the Army and the Kashmiri youth, Gen Dua said while there were some misguided youths who take part in protests, the majority were with the armed forces.
“Recently, one of our vehicles met with an accident and our jawans were trapped inside the vehicle. It was the local Kashmiri youths who extricated the jawans.
“We have conducted some anti-militancy operations recently and the youths have not indulged in stone-pelting after the purpose of the operation was explained to them,” he said.